I know what you’re thinking. The picture looks like Pilau but the title is here claiming that it’s not Pilau 🙄🙄. This dude is crazy, this is most def(definitely) Pilau. Well the only way you’ll know for sure is if you get to the end or better yet, try the recipe 😁.
Prep. Time: 20 Min
Cooking time: 1 Hr
Difficulty level : 🥔🥔
1 Onion chopped
1 Tomato chopped
1 Tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
1Tbsp Pilau Spice
1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
6 Tbsp Corn oil
1. Boil 2 and 1/2 cups of water and add salt to taste.
2. Thoroughly wash the rice and drain.
3. In a separate sufuria, heat the corn oil, once hot add in the onion.
4. Add in the pilau spice and Cumin seeds until they become fragrant.
5. Add in the finely chopped tomato and once it forms a paste, add in the riceand mix until its all coated in the paste.
6. Add in the boiling water after a minute of stirring the rice.
7. Let the rice boil till the water evaporates off and the rice cooks.
SPICY CHICKEN SAUCE.
250g Chicken Cubes
1 Large Onion chopped
1 Large Tomato chopped
1Tbsp Pilau Spice
1/2 Green Bell Pepper chopped
1Tbsp Ginger and Garlic paste
1 Tbsp Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp Corn oil
Heat the corn oil in a sufuria.
Add in the onion and pilau spice and fry until the onions cook, then add in the ginger garlic paste.
Add in the chopped Bell pepper and once cooked add in the tomat, let it cook until it forms a paste.
Add in the chicken cubes and let the cook in the paste. (To ensure it gets maximum flavour)
Add in a cup of water to create a sauce and once its boiled, set aside.
1 Small Onion
2 Medium sized Tomatoes
1/2 Bunch of finely chopped Coriander
1 Tbsp Vinegar
Chop the onion and tomato in strips (julienes).
Soak the onions in a salt brine and drizzle vinegar n the tomato julienes.
Once the main meal is ready rinse the onions using cool water, mix the to the tomatoes.
Add in the chopped coriander.
Toss the kachumbari and voila your meal is done.
Now the reason we said that it’s not Pilau is because it’s better. Probably better than the Pilau you’ve been having before. If you agree or think I’m wrong, leave a comment down below.