Hands down the best chicken I have ever eaten 😍. Mainly because of the sauce (Bechamel sauce ) or atleast I think that’s the name. We decided to collaborate on this with @davidkinyanjui as a mother’s day special recipe. What’s better for the best mother than the best chicken??
So in spirit of this we decided to have a mother(my mother) taste it. The results were quite encouraging,and she couldn’t get enough of it . In fact she left the house saying next week same place same time 😅.
So we are sure it will blow your mother away this mother’s day
Feeds : 3
Difficulty level : 🥔🥔
For the Marination:
Salt 1 tsp
Cumin 1 tsp
Black pepper 1tsp
1 medium lemon juice squeezed
Marinate your chicken for 30 minutes or overnight for better results.
For the potatoes:
4 cloves of garlic
Irish potatoes 🥔
Dhania / cilantro
For the Bechamel sauce:
All purpose flour
1 tsp of salt, black pepper and nutmeg (optional)
For Bechamel Sauce:
1. Heat the milk in a sauce-pan until just before boiling, then remove it from the heat and set it aside.
2. Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat.
3. Once the butter has melted, add flour and cook as you constantly whisk it for 2-3 minutes.
4.Pour the warm milk and whisk until the sauce thickens slightly.
5. Add your spices ; salt, black pepper & nutmeg (optional)
6. Add 2 teaspoons of soy sauce for color
7. Add your sautéed mushrooms
8. Continue whisking over medium heat for about 2 minutes until the sauce is a creamy white.
9. Pour the sauce into a bowl and serve.
For the Chicken:
1. In a pan, add half a cup of oil and let it heat for about one minute on medium high.
2. Once the oil is hot enough, add in the chicken.
3. Fry the chicken pieces, as you keep turning each piece every 2-3 minutes to allow all sides to cook proper. The chicken should take about 12-15 minutes to properly cook.
For the Potatoes:
1. Cut your irish potatoes into halves after thoroughly washing them.
2. Into a sufuria, add in your potatoes and fill it with water.
3. Boil the potatoes for 10 minutes , a process called blanching which will make them crispy on the out and soft on the inside.😍😍
4. Remove the potatoes and set them aside.
5. In a pan, add in some cooking oil and your chopped garlic & rosemary.
6. Cook them until the garlic browns, then drain some of the oil into the potatoes.
7. Season your potatoes with salt, black pepper and paprika.
8. In the same pan that cooked the garlic, add in your potatoes and let them fry for about 12-15 minutes.
9. You can now serve them.
Food styling by David Kinyanjui
Remember to like and subscribe. Share your thoughts down below in the comment section.